[Koha-devel] Cataloguer's info in MARC field

Michael Hafen michael.hafen at washk12.org
Tue Sep 22 18:29:24 CEST 2015

I've seen the 040 Modifying Agency, and have often though 'wouldn't it be
nice if there was a MARC plugin in the framework to automate filling that
field with the librarians name'.  Maybe someone should add a feature
request to bugzilla for that.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Indranil Das Gupta <indradg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 6:46 PM, akafortes <akafortes at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello G.K.MANJUNATH,
> > thank you for your answer but I'm afraid that's not what I'm looking for.
> > It's my understanding that this field is used for when the specified
> record
> > is stored in an electronic form and in this field you save information
> about
> > its location and maybe credentials (or something like that) in order to
> > access it.
>
> Your understanding on 856 is correct. Since you want to track the
> cataloger who created that record, I would say that you can use 040 -
> https://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd040.html
>
> the field is used to track the cataloging agency. but nothing really
> stops you from adding your cataloging librarian's name / code as
> modifying agency and track it. A bit of jquery and you should be good
> to go!
>
> cheers
> -idg
>

> > G.K.MANJUNATH wrote
> >> Marc tag 856$l  is for  Logon (NR).
> >>
> >> I do not know whether the login code gets added to this field.  If can
> >> customise you may be able store it.
> >>
> >> check at http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd856.html
> >>

> >> tks
> >> g.k.m

> > --
>

> --
> Indranil Das Gupta
>
> Phone : +91-98300-20971
> Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
> IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
> Twitter : indradg

Michael Hafen
Washington County School District Technology Department
Systems Analyst