[Koha-devel] Plan for upgrading jQuery in the staff client

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Fri Apr 8 15:40:38 CEST 2016

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 3:23 PM, Julian Maurice
<julian.maurice at biblibre.com> wrote:
> jQuery 1.12 seems to be the last release of the 1.x branch.
> What's next ? Should we upgrade to 2.x ? 3.x ?

We can assume that we will upgrade it to something. I don't think we
should complicate this conversation by talking about what the next
version will be. If we do this right the next upgrade might be not so
complicated.

> I have a preference for the "upgrade all at once / fix as it breaks"
> method. With the other method I think we will end up with several
> versions of jQuery and doc-head-close-*

I realize having several versions of doc-head-close-*.inc is
complicated because we have to keep them in sync. Is there another
reason to avoid it? It's certainly not something the user will care
about.

> Moreover, the upgrade path from 1.7 to 1.12 seems not too hard,
> according to https://jquery.com/upgrade-guide/1.9 and we can use the
> jQuery Migrate plugin.

I think it would be nice to not add another JS dependency.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries