[Koha-devel] Plan for upgrading jQuery in the staff client

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Fri Apr 8 17:38:58 CEST 2016

At 10:53 AM 4/8/2016 -0400, Owen Leonard wrote:
>I think all your points are good ones. I do want to clarify one thing:
>
> > You are actually talking about adding another dependency.
> > Koha will depend on jQuery 1.7 and 1.12, and later 2.2 and 3.0.
>
>In this case when I talk about a dependency I mean for the end user,
>not for those of us managing files. I would prefer that there not be
>another file download slowing down the page.

A very good point. The minified jquery-migrate-1.3.0.min.js is less than
10kb, so the download (here) is only 20ms (nothing cached), and wait time /
latency would (most probably) be concurrent with the 13 other .js files
(opac search.)

I have no feeling one way or the other whether that trades off equitably
with the ease of backwards compatibility...

Best -- Paul