[Koha-devel] What's on in Koha devel #3 (RESTful API)

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 14:54:06 CEST 2016

El lun., 15 ago. 2016 a las 4:28, Marcel de Rooy (<M.de.Rooy at rijksmuseum.nl>)
escribió:

> > = RESTful API =
> > I also would like to know who is willing to maintain this code? For
> instance on bug 16330 (REST API: add routes to add, update and delete
> > patrons)  the delete route is calling
> >    # check if loans, reservations, debarrment, etc. before deletion!
> >    my $res = $patron->delete
> > So no check is done from the API.
> > But if bug 16907 (Move DelMember and HandleDelBorrower to
> > Koha::Patron) is pushed, $patron->delete will take care of the holds,
> etc. My question is simple: are we expecting from devs, signoffers and >
> QAers to update and maintain these routes?
> > Or a dedicated person will update them before each release?
>
> Should our scripts go via REST some day and should all business logic
> remain in Objects? Etc. etc.

Exactly! What Jonathan noticed, is that no one realized there was a bug on
the REST api, this should be reported, and fixed. The more we use the API
the more bugs we will find, and the more we will enhance it.

I think Marseille will be a good place to work on this.

Regards

--
Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (https://theke.io <http://theke.io/>)