[Koha-devel] Enabling Arabic and Kurdish Indexing

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Tue Dec 20 18:15:40 CET 2016

At 04:11 PM 12/20/2016 +0000, MHE I.T. Admin (DRR) wrote:
>Than you for the prompt response, Yes they are in the same folder as
>(/etc/koha/zebradb/etc) and it is on 0644

Is there a typo? (it was suggested that this is crucial)

Recommended: koha/zebradb/etc ...
Found: /etc/koha/zebradb/etc ... (our system confirmed, and happy with 644)
/---/
<http://www.indexdata.com/yaz/doc/yaz-icu.html> neither confirms nor denies
that multiple lang options are possible, rather than the default <icu_chain
locale=""> -- if you can get your server to find the file, have you tried
both with and without the default? Maybe putting the default below specifics?

Best -- Paul

>Can you list several languages in words-icu.xml likeÂ
>

>   <icu_chain locale="ar">
>.
>
>.
>
>.
>
>.
>   </icu_chain>
>

>   <icu_chain locale="ku">
>.
>
>.
>
>.
>
>.
>   </icu_chain>
>

>On 20 December 2016 at 15:57, Barton Chittenden
><<mailto:barton at bywatersolutions.com>barton at bywatersolutions.com> wrote:
>
>On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 10:15 AM, MHE I.T. Admin (DRR)
><<mailto:admin at mhe-krg.org>admin at mhe-krg.org> wrote:
>15:58:14-20/12 zebraidx(9140) [warn] default.idx:13: Could not load
>icuchain config 'words-icu.xml'
>

>I see two unrelated issues in your logs. The most crucial was
>
>Could not load icuchain config 'words-icu.xml'
>

>This is what's causing the indexes to fail.
>
>words-icu.xml should be in the same directory as
>koha/zebradb/etc/default.idx. Make sure that it's there, and that it's
>readable.
>
>See
>
><https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/ICU_chains_configuration>https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/ICU_chains_configuration
>
>The second issue is that you don't have item types for some of your items.
>That won't cause issues with searching, but it will cause errors when you
>try to check the items in or out. The item numbers are given in the error
>messages, and you can use sql to find the barcodes.
>
>--Barton
>

>--
>
>I.T Admin (Dr. D.R. Roshani)
><http://www.mhe-krg.org>Ministry of Higher Education
>T. +964.XXX.XXX XXX | E. <mailto:admin at mhe-krg.org>admin at mhe-krg.org

---
Maritime heritage and history, preservation and conservation,
research and education through the written word and the arts.
<http://NavalMarineArchive.com> and <http://UltraMarine.ca>