[Koha-devel] RFC for a really new stuff : sharing data worldwide

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Mon Feb 1 15:49:40 CET 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 7:27 AM, Frédéric Demians <frederic at tamil.fr> wrote:
> Do we really need a Git repo for translation files since the authoring
> of translated strings is managed outside Git in Pootle?

I think there's some value in continuing to have one:

- in the (of course unlikely) event that the Pootle server completely
fails and cannot be restored, such a repository would serve as a
backup of last resort.  Likewise for the (even more unlikely) event
that somebody does major vandalism on a translation, as Pootle itself
does not have version control.
- the repository would enable reproducing a package or tarball, which
in turn would be useful for tracking down the occasional bug that
stems from an issue with one of the PO files.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt