[Koha-devel] Mailman thoughts. Switching to discourse ?

Mirko Tietgen mirko at abunchofthings.net
Fri Feb 5 13:14:06 CET 2016

Hi Paul & everyone,

Paul Poulain schrieb am 05.02.2016

> Your opinion?

I know Discourse and think it is a nice tool. However I don't think
it is a good replacement for our mailing lists in general. I am
subscribed to a lot of list (not only several Koha lists), I move
and filter a lot to keep things organized. I can read it on
different plattforms and with very little bandwidth overhead.

I don't have time to keep track of everything in Discourse, and the
email notification options are not the same as a mailing list. I
think there is an option to use it via email, but I suspect it comes
with a lot of clutter.

I don't know if it could be useful for dev talk explicitly,
replacing/bundling threads on BZ and the dev list. It may be helpful
to organize discussions in that case.

-- Mirko