[Koha-devel] RE : Re: Country-specific forks?

Eric Bégin eric.begin at inlibro.com
Fri Feb 12 13:50:01 CET 2016

I think we wouldn't have a discussion about 'country-specific' if the patch was nor refering Norwegian in its name :)
I believe this bring a much larger topic about plugins.  We are loosing some important CPU processing the way stuff are currently implemented.
For example, the code is filled with checks if we are using MARC21/UNIMARC/NORMARC.  I think we (the community) would benefit for a more modular approach.
The I see this is that we have hooks in the code on which modules (or plugins) are registering to be called.  See this as an interface / implementation.  If I'm using MARC21, the MARC21 module implements the required interface.
My 0.02 CAD ; )
Eric BéginSolutions inLibro inc.