[Koha-devel] Proposal - Deal with modules versioning ($VERSION)

Julian Maurice julian.maurice at biblibre.com
Wed Mar 2 19:51:36 CET 2016

Le 02/03/2016 15:56, Jonathan Druart a écrit :
> Hi devs,
>
> During the last dev meeting [1] we talked about how we should manage
> the $VERSION var of our Koha modules.
>
> [...]
>
> What are your thoughts? Are you more a, b, c, d or ... e?
>
> Cheers,
> Jonathan

Hi,

Maybe this has been answered somewhere already, but what are the
benefits of keeping C4/ and Koha/ modules' version "up to date" ?

The only one I can see is for external tools that use Koha Perl API and
want to check if they are using the right version. But they can check
kohaversion.pl as well.

As an another example, Bugzilla does not seem to have $VERSION in its
modules. I think we should do the same.

--
Julian Maurice <julian.maurice at biblibre.com>
BibLibre