[Koha-devel] Supported Debian versions

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Mar 8 22:00:39 CET 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Tomas Cohen Arazi <tomascohen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Will the next release support Debian Wheezy?

We'll have to see based on what the net new dependencies end up being.
Wheezy is set to be in LTS from 26th of April 2016 to 31st of May 2018, so
there would be some value in not forcing a mandatory major Debian upgrade
on users in order to use Koha 3.24, but I don't think that need be a firm
commitment on our parts.

At present, of course, you'll need Jessie to get Apache 2.4 and Plack
support; Jessie thus remains the minimum _recommended_ Debian version.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/LTS/

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt