[Koha-devel] How is relevance weighted in zebra search?

Barton Chittenden barton at bywatersolutions.com
Mon Mar 21 14:06:55 CET 2016

Hi,

We just upgraded a library from Koha 3.0 to 3.22. After the upgrade, the
library complained that the title "Golden Age" was at the bottom of their
OPAC search results.

I checked the obvious first:

OPACdefaultSortField had been set to 'relevance' with OPACdefaultSortOrder
set to 'ascending', which would definitely be backwards (least relevant
first)... I changed to to 'ascending', and got exactly the same results.

Restarting memcache didn't help.

When I searched using yaz-client, I found that the results that were coming
first in the list had the phrase "golden age" in 520$a.

Here's the version of zebra:

    $ idzebra-config --version
    2.0.59

At this point, I have two major questions:

1) Where do I check which fields are ranked more highly in a relevance
search? (I would think that title should be ranked higher than 520$a --
summary).
2) Why didn't the sort order change when I changed OPACdefaultSortOrder
from ascending to descending?