[Koha-devel] [Koha] Redundant infrastructure for Koha

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Mon Nov 7 22:42:15 CET 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Michael Hafen <michael.hafen at washk12.org> wrote:
> Has anyone tried access Zebra through a network socket instead of the unix
> one?  I was under the impression that that was possible.

It is, and it's as easy as changing the following lines in koha-conf.xml from:

<listen id="biblioserver" >unix:/var/run/koha/SITE/bibliosocket</listen>
<listen id="authorityserver" >unix:/var/run/koha/SITE/authoritysocket</listen>

<listen id="biblioserver" >tcp:HOST_OR_IP:PORT</listen>
<listen id="authorityserver" >tcp:HOST_OR_IP:ANOTHER_PORT</listen>

Of course, depending on how you arrange things, local tweaks to the
indexer jobs would be required to ensure that all of the copies of the
Zebra databases got updated.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt