[Koha-devel] Uploading circulation related Data to Koha. Help required.

G.K.MANJUNATH gkm at igidr.ac.in
Fri Oct 28 11:19:06 CEST 2016

dear All,

We are experimenting with data migration from our existing library
software to Koha.

We could successfully transfer the bibliographic data ( .mrc) after
appropriate conversion and also the patrons' records with photos.

However, one important job remains unfinished.  We have downloaded
circulation data in Excel format and trying to upload this to Koha. We do
not know how to go about it .

I very appreciate  your help :

1. Is it possible to directly upload the circulation data stored either in
    a MS-Excel file or a text file?

        * We have 5 fields - date of transaction, Patron codes, barcode
 	 numbers, date of issue and due date. ( Will be converted to tab
          separated file if required )

2. If not, is there any way I can convert the circulation related data
     stored in Excel or text file to .koc format so
     that it can be uploaded to Koha using the utility developed by
     'Bywater  solutions'.

3. What is the structure of .koc file ? Can any one please send
     me a .koc file with few sample records in it ? From my understading
    it is a simple text file with fields separated by tab.

Any input in this regard is highly appreciated.

thanks in advance,

       G.K.Manjunath
       Chief Librarian
       Indira Gandhi Inst of Development Research
       Film City Road
       Santosh Nagar
       Goregaon(East )
       MUMBAI - 400 065