[Koha-devel] Serious problem

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Tue Sep 6 03:30:55 CEST 2016

I suppose another option would be to still save the id from issues and
reserves, but have them as a non-unique field, and have a separate unique id
for the old_issues and old_reserves tables.

It wouldn't be useful for "undoing" things, because you could still have
duplicate IDs in the non-unique field, but I suppose it would preserve your
history best.

The trigger idea from my other email might be the easiest way to do it,
although triggers aren't all that nice to manage.

Chris, what about deletedbiblio and deletedbiblioitem tables? The history
there might be more important, as I think we're now including those in the
OAI-PMH responses? I reckon those tables would be vulnerable to this as
well, although perhaps less likely due to issues and reserves being more
high frequency in terms of inserts/deletions.

David Cook
Systems Librarian
Prosentient Systems
72/330 Wattle St