[Koha-devel] Serious problem

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Sep 6 03:40:28 CEST 2016

* David Cook (dcook at prosentient.com.au) wrote:

> Chris, what about deletedbiblio and deletedbiblioitem tables? The history
> there might be more important, as I think we're now including those in the
> OAI-PMH responses? I reckon those tables would be vulnerable to this as
> well, although perhaps less likely due to issues and reserves being more
> high frequency in terms of inserts/deletions.

As Katrin rightly pointed out to me, frequency is not really the issue.
This is only a problem when the most recently inserted item is deleted/return/issued.
And then the server is restarted right then.

If you delete from anywhere except the tip of the table, it doesn't matter.
So if you issue and return something (before anyone else issues something) and restart the server then
you have the problem with issues.
So in fact the higher the frequency the way less likely this will be to happen.

It will most likely only ever happen in a library that does almost no circulation.

Chris

--
Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.