[Koha-devel] MARC frameworks in Koha (Hector Castro)

Hector Castro hector.hecaxmmx at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 18:38:52 CEST 2017

Hi Marcel

On 7 August 2017 at 08:06, <koha-devel-request at lists.koha-community.org>
wrote:

> I would propose now to make the decision that we only use one set of
> kohafield mappings (those from Default), and that we do no longer allow
> changes to kohafield mappings in the other frameworks.
> The possibility of adding multiple mappings per kohafield hopefully
> removes most objections to that approach as illustrated in the frameworks A
> and B example.
>
> End of Koha-devel Digest, Vol 141, Issue 7

Good job. +1

I think that it is necessary to allow mapings from Koha to MARC mapping and
avoid the changes in frameworks. Librarians' needs go in the way to data
presented in the screen, i.e., they got in their catalogs a mix between RDA
records and AACR records, for example, if a librarian start to catalog
records in RDA and she or he goes to Acquisition Module, when places an
order, the screen does not show the publication data because
biblio.copyrightdate is empty. This happen in a few modules where
presentation on screen not uses XSLT.

I think this only happen in MARC 21 records

As a librarian I am excited to know that this is fixed.

Greetings

--
Atte,

Héctor Eduardo Castro Avalos