[Koha-devel] Expected behaviour if itemtype does not exist

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Tue Aug 8 18:24:58 CEST 2017

Hi Katrin,

Sorry for the late reply.

It's not about the translation, but the existence of the item type.
  my $item_type = Koha::ItemTypes->find('BOOK');
  $item_type->description; # Or whatever method call
will fail if "BOOK" is not defined.

My question was: If an item is defined with a items.itype (or
biblioitems.itemtype) that is not an entry in the itemtypes table, is it
considered as a configuration issue?
If yes, I will write a script to catch them, add something to the about
page and the update database process.
If not, we will have to handle that case everywhere in the code.

Cheers,
Jonathan