[Koha-devel] FW: Where is the BIG RED WARNING button?

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 10 23:06:06 CEST 2017

Salvete!

Of course I was not talking about new contributors. My main goal for this release is to help new people to come on-board.
We refreshed the wiki, wrote a step-by-step how-to "signoff and write patches", etc.
I give personal answers to new contributors, guide them, give them quick and early feedbacks on their patches in order to keep them motivated.

    It's obvious to me how much work you're putting in Jonathan, and I appreciate it. Thank you. I'm glad one of your big goals is to recruit new people since if Koha were a kid, it would be old enough to drive in the USA.

This button I am asking for is to alert support companies and regular developers that something is (very) urgent and need their attention. I would like to stop gesticulating to try getting this attention. I would like a button I can push to make a red blinking light on some desks. Then everybody is free to ignore it, but they saw it and I will not push it again. It will be easier for me to know that people knows, than sending emails, pinging on #koha, adding card to the kanban, CCing people on the bug report, without never knowing if they are aware of the problem.

    Yes.

About the kanban: its goal is NOT to replace bugzilla, it has never been and will never be.
We are talking about two different tools. One is a bug tracker, the other one is a tool to manage/prioritize different tasks, group them under "Epic" (big works), form working groups, etc. Moreover community tasks are not always one entry in bugzilla, we want to track, discuss and keep history of more stuffs than just bugs. Taiga answered this lack. Please re-read the wiki page of the kanban if its goal is not clear (or ask me to update it).

    Thank you for clarifying this. I wasn't sure whether it would eventually supercede BZ or not.

Cheers,
Brooke