[Koha-devel] FW: Where is the BIG RED WARNING button?

Gaetan Boisson gaetan.boisson at biblibre.com
Mon Aug 21 10:43:56 CEST 2017

I really understand Jonathan's point here. He's probably become the one
contributor with the best overall vision of the project now.

I really like the idea of using the dashboard more and making it better.

I also think Jonathan might need something more proactive, the dashboard
requires the contributors to look at it and decide for themselves, but
everyone is really busy, and we all get to make our own choices
regarding priorities.

Two ideas i would suggest (sorry if it's redundant or has been said before):

- why not have a "mission critical" meeting from time to time for this
kind of issues? With the goal of defining precisely who will do what on
a given issue?

- would a small team of designated people help? A sort of Koha Kommando
Jonathan can rely on when stumbling on something like this? It would
need to be used carefully obviously, but i think just calling for help
on the mailing list, irc or the dashboard dilutes the feeling of
emergency, because no one is explicitly in charge. Maybe we (BibLibre),
and other import support companies like Bywater and others can commit to
having one person that is part of the emergency team? (note that I'm
writing all this without having mentioned it to anyone at BibLibre...)

https://youtu.be/_MVonyVSQoM

Would that help?

Le 11/08/2017 à 15:40, Marc Véron a écrit :

> Sorry for the empty message... What I wanted to say:
>

> +1 for improving the dashboard
> (I always check the dashboard first, then the Bug tracker, then the
> list of bugs to sign off, then my open bugs...)
>

> Maybe the Dashboard could contain the links to the newest bugs /
> changed bugs from the Bug trackers start page:
>

> Bugs reported in the last 24 hours   | last 7 days
> Bugs changed in the last 24 hours   | last 7 days
>

> Marc
>

> Am 11.08.2017 um 15:34 schrieb Marc Véron:
>>

>> Am 11.08.2017 um 11:55 schrieb Marcel de Rooy:
>>>
>>> +1 for improving the dashboard
>>>
>>> Instead of listing the oldest bugs, which may not be that
>>> interesting, we should list the critical ones on top. The need to
>>> click on that line should be removed. See them rightaway. Maybe we
>>> can put these oldies somewhere down on the page in order to not
>>> forget them?

Gaetan Boisson
Chef de projet bibliothécaire
BibLibre