[Koha-devel] Task schedulers and message queues for Koha

Tajoli Zeno z.tajoli at cineca.it
Wed Feb 22 09:49:13 CET 2017

Hi David and all,

Il 21/02/2017 23:29, David Cook ha scritto:
>. Two, they wanted to
> execute OAI-PMH requests every 2-3 seconds and cron has 1 minute as its
> finest granularity. Three, even if you setup a cronjob to run every minute,
> long running tasks could get duplicated (although you could mitigate that
> with locks which would be a pain). Plus, you want to run tasks in parallel,
> so you're going to want to use multiple processes, which cron isn't really
> set up to achieve.

Ok, if you need those features cron isn't enough.
But why do you drop the option Celery +  RabbitMQ + AnyEvent::RabbitMQ

They have official debiano packages:
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/python-celery
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/rabbitmq-server
https://packages.debian.org/jessie/libanyevent-rabbitmq-perl

We still use one of their dpendencies for similar tasks
(libanyevent-perl "event loop framework with multiple implementations").

Python is already present in our Debian/Ubuntu system, it is a prereq of
the distributions.

Redone a so complex stack in perl i think is very complex.

Bye
Zeno Tajoli

--
Zeno Tajoli
/SVILUPPO PRODOTTI CINECA/ - Automazione Biblioteche