[Koha-devel] [NEW_TOPIC] Getting bugs further

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Fri Jan 13 00:13:03 CET 2017

I think that all makes sense, although I'm still not sure what it means to get in contact with people.

That is... every time I have a patch that matters to me, I should individually email each QA team member to ask them for their help? If I have to do that, I will, but I just want to know what I need to do.

And in the event that no one is interested... I suppose we arrive at a bit of an impasse. But then that's the nature of open source too. Not every patch has to make it into Koha.

I've sent a few listserv emails about some work I'm doing, but haven't received much enthusiasm and that in turn makes me think maybe I shouldn't bother submitting a patch. That maybe I should try to implement it as a plugin, or a complete standalone component. And I suppose that's my prerogative. If people start finding that standalone component useful, maybe then it can be merged into the Koha codebase. I don't know. I was actually thinking about that in terms of Coce today and yesterday.

I actually really like the idea of decoupled systems, so maybe I should go that route with some of my work...

Anyway, meeting time, so gotta run.

David Cook
Systems Librarian
Prosentient Systems