[Koha-devel] [NEW_TOPIC] Getting bugs further

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jan 13 00:01:18 CET 2017

Interestingly enough you have both read Tomas in completely the opposite
way I have.

"... you should keep in touch with people that might have interest in
helping you get your patches in. Sometimes people just drop some patches
and wait for others to care about them. And it doesn't work like that most
of the time. Keeping in touch means contacting them, explain things, ask
for feedback on specific edges."

I read this as, people sometimes dump their patches out and that is the
last you ever hear from them. They get some feedback but nothing is ever
done. There are tons of them (most of them in the failed QA and patch
does not apply queues).

So like everything in life its a 2 way street. Tomas was making the
point for big patches you need to engage. There are so many patches/bugs
updated every day, reaching out to people to tell them about your one is
really the only way you will get it noticed.

Not to negate that we can always do better signing off. However we are
currently working on getting a big patch through now, it takes time, but
its possible. If it wasnt, we'd still all be using HTML::Template::Pro

:)

Chris