[Koha-devel] AUTO_INCREMENT fix - prevent data lost

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu Jul 13 05:07:48 CEST 2017

I’ve looked at the wiki page, but I haven’t looked at Bugzilla or the source code. Why on Earth would we get lost data? Shouldn’t we be copying the code to the “deleted*” tables and THEN deleting it from the main table?

In pre-5.7 versions, you could produce this same behaviour by running OPTIMIZE on a table; it would reset the auto increment counter for the table, and it would cause errors because you couldn’t delete records because there was already a record with that key in the deleted* table.

Anyway, I don’t have time to dwell at the moment, but just adding that to the mix.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St