[Koha-devel] AUTO_INCREMENT fix - prevent data lost

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon Jul 17 09:13:11 CEST 2017

Hi Katrin,

I think there must be some miscommunication here. I’ve experienced the doubled up IDs with reserves, and no data has been lost. It creates a fatal error, since the key already exists in the deleted/old table, and the whole process stops. If a person deleted the data out of the deleted/old table in order to perform the delete, then I could see data being lost, but that’s it. If there is data being lost (perhaps with a different tables than reserves), then something must be horribly wrong with the code to allow it to delete before checking that it can be copied/moved first. That’s all I’m saying.

In either case, it’s not good.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems