[Koha-devel] Putting Koha into Docker...

Benjamin Rokseth benjamin.rokseth at kul.oslo.kommune.no
Fri Jun 23 10:48:27 CEST 2017

Hi Mark!

True as Petter said, we have been using it in production since our launch in October, and despite some startup issues (not Docker's fault) we would
gladly recommend using our approach.

To be specific, we maintain a branch of community Koha at https://github.com/digibib/koha which frequently upstreams against koha (currently 17.05.x).
This is to easily maintain our patches on top of community Koha, mainly expanding the REST API (which we depend heavily on) and more bugfixes that
are still waiting in bugzilla. We also have some custom fixes on top of that, which are more small customizations.

the repo https:// github.com/digibib/koha-docker maintains the docker build of the koha images based on the code above.
We have:
- a dev version used for bugzilla testing,
- a patched version which pulls code from git, builds Koha debian packages and updates a repo at http://datatest.deichman.no/repositories/koha/ and runs tests,
- and finally a build which pushes to docker hub the images used in production.

Apart from the koha debian packages we build ourselves, we use standard Koha repos for deps and perldeps.

I know more libraries are testing our code, e.g. some in Portugal, but we happily assist more, and feedback is much welcome.

You may contact Joao Arcanjo (doarcanjo at gmail.com) to hear their progress.

Benjamin
Oslo Public Library