[Koha-devel] Suggestions requested for a feature / enhancement based around opac-retrieve-file.pl

Marc Véron veron at veron.ch
Mon Jun 26 08:57:32 CEST 2017

+1 from me

Questions:
- Where would the information go about downloadability (and
availability, see below)? (Biblio record, item record...)
- Will there be a need for granularity, e.g. allow download only for
users of a certain user type (Staff, Teacher...)?

A related functionality could be to mark items (of any type) to be
hidden in search results for non logged in users.
Similar to AgeRestrictionMarker and/or OpacSuppression ( Hide items
marked as suppressed from OPAC search results. )

Then it would be a good idea to manage an "embargo date". Such downloads
(and/or items) would automatically become available / visible after a
certain date.

Just my 2 cents :-)

Marc