[Koha-devel] Proposal to give summer internship to students for working on Koha

Philippe Blouin philippe.blouin at inlibro.com
Wed Mar 22 14:33:36 CET 2017

Hi Dalton,

We've played in that area, and as such I'll offer some answers to your
questions

 1. feasible?  Yes, easily.  Adding columns in the UI and in the backend
    should be relatively easy.
 2. Most IT undergrad with curiosity, common sense and access to Google
    for perl/mysql questions should manage.
 3. Acceptance is not a given.  You start with two strikes against you:
     1. Your dev will leave after four weeks.  Who will maintain the
        work, rebase it regularly, promote it, until it gets accepted ?
     2. This is very specialized request.  Most libraries manage with
        using branches to differenciate these situations. Getting
        support MIGHT prove a hurdle.

Regards,

Philippe Blouin,
Responsable du développement informatique

Tél.  : (888) 604-2627
philippe.blouin at inLibro.com <mailto:philippe.blouin at inLibro.com>

inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>