[Koha-devel] On-site checkouts

Michael Hafen michael.hafen at washk12.org
Mon Sep 11 18:10:16 CEST 2017

There is a restricted flag on items, but that makes circulation impossible.
The best method I can see is to set the number of checkouts for that
itemtype to 0 in the circulation rules, so that the circulation desk has to
confirm the check out.

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 7:54 AM, Rodrigo Santellan <rsantellan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some items on the library that are only for using on the library.
> The difference with those items is that you can place a hold on them to use
> them during the day and also you can place a hold on them and checkout for
> using on the weekends and during the night (you check it out at last hour
> of the day and have to return it on first hour of next day).
>
> For what I can figure out is that I should create a new item type with
> different circulation rules, but I don't have a way to warn the librarian
> that the item is of restricted type.
>
> Is there a way to achieve it?
>
> Regards and thanks for all the help in advance!!

Michael Hafen
Washington County School District Technology Department
Systems Analyst