[Koha-devel] Write good bug report titles and commit messages

Barton Chittenden barton at bywatersolutions.com
Fri Sep 15 12:13:23 CEST 2017

>From the "Summary" section of the bug reporting guidelines:

Also keep in mind that the summary is what people will see when bugs are
listed in the search -- it's a good place to put keywords like which page
the error occurs on, or specifics about where a problem occurs. The summary

Times are formatted incorrectly in slips ( AM PM ) due to double processing

accurately describes the problem, but someone looking for the bug later
will be likely to search for

date_due ISSUESLIP,

Time on <<issues.date_due>> incorrectly shows as 'AM' on ISSUESLIP,
ISSUEQSLIP

Is easier to search for.

^^ This, this, a thousand times this. As a bug reporter, I'm a bit ashamed
at the times that I haven't done this, as someone who has spent a
significant chunk of the last four years of his life searching bugzilla,
please for the love of $DIETY, do this... Also, keep in mind that the page
where the bug is triggered (e.g. circ/returns.pl or catalogue/search.pl) is
a likely keyword.

Thank you!