[Koha-devel] Official Docker image

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 15:30:28 CEST 2018

Hi everyone, on the CI front, I have recently introduced (successfully) the
broad use of Docker images to run the full test suite. This project, named
koha-testing-docker [1], evolved into a usable development environment too.
Right now I'm trying to spend some time on porting kohadevbox things into
it.

This Docker image is built and published automatically by our Jenkins
server, and then used in the three nodes we have to run the tests.

We also have a Docker image for building koha-* packages wherever we need
to (yes, we want to automate this, and properly test the generated packages
using the CI infrastructure). [2]

With this knowledge, and the infrastructure part of it solved, I would like
to start publishing an official Docker image of Koha. Once we have this,
the koha-testing-docker tools would be rebuilt on top of it.

I raise the subject in light of recent discussions about supported OSs,
Perl versions and dependencies.

[1] https://gitlab.com/koha-community/koha-testing-docker
[2] https://gitlab.com/tomascohen/koha-dpkg-docker

--