[Koha-devel] Koha users wiki page outdated, use HEA

Liz Rea liz at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Aug 23 04:39:31 CEST 2018

Hi Paul,

No objection really, using Hea is a good thing and I recommend libraries
enable it. We should make asking about enabling it the last step of the
onboarder [is it there already? I forget...]. :)

What I would like to see, is a lighter weight checkin to hea, where if
you (or your IT department) were feeling a bit wary about sending all of
your syspref stats to Hea, you could send only your Library name and
contact information, if desired (Koha could, of course, provide things
like the currently running version) as a one off.

I recognise this is a feature request for Hea :D and I think I'd be
happy at some stage to build the bits into Koha that were required to
have the feature, if it seems like something desirable to have in
addition to the auto reporting.

I have other ideas about how one-off data could be used too, for example
you could flag those libraries if they never updated automatically (or
done an additional one off submission later) in Hea "this library hasn't
reported in for a long time - this entry may be suspect." Those could be
in an entirely separate list, too. Could also email the contact
automatically "hey update your entry if you're still using Koha!"

We all know that wiki pages are out of date the moment you click Save,
so using Hea really is the best way to register Koha usage for any
library. I just want it to be comfortable for every library to submit as
much or as little information as they are comfortable with.

Cheers,

Liz