[Koha-devel] Autorenewals renewing an item then sending a renew failure email the next day

Holger Meissner Holger.Meissner at hs-gesundheit.de
Tue Dec 11 11:29:49 CET 2018

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 06:02 PM McGowan, Janet <mailto:mailto:janet.mcgowan at ptfs-europe.com> wrote:
> Yes, using the PREDUE notice is a way around this, however it would only work if No renewal before is set to 1.

I disagree. For example, we set "no renewal before" to 11 days and send PREDUE 10 days in advance. We locally prevent patrons from changing that setting. Nobody complained about it so far. A more elegant and more user-friendly solution would be a feature enforcing PREDUE <= no renewal before. Or maybe just a warning popup for spam producing values.

Regards,
Holger