[Koha-devel] Koha users wiki page outdated, use HEA

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Mon Jul 9 09:54:18 CEST 2018

Hi Paul

 > someone pointed me the https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaUsers
 > page.

Calling this page says: "There is currently no text in this page."

Probably you meant https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_Users and
pages like https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaUsers/Europe

 > The French libraries you can see here are so outdated that it's funny:
 > most libraries are supposed to be in version 2.x, supported by me (not
 > BibLibre. So more than 10 years old data...)
 >
 > Other pages are also highly outdated, almost nothing with the current
 > version numbering schema. And now we have HEA (available since 3.18
 > IIRC)

Also in HEA I see there are 1'693 (unnamed) libraries listed, but only
35 of the area really up to date (meaning working woith Koha 18.05.00 or
18.05.01). Compared to the assumed 15'000 Koha libraries this is only
0.2% of all libraries that we can be sure of they are really up to date.

 > I propose to:
 >
 >   * drop an email to all contacts saying "you're the contact for the
 >     wiki page https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/KohaUsers, the
 >     information here is outdated, please activate HEA (<<some
 >     explanations about hea>>)"
 >   * update the wiki pages to add a big warn on top of each, saying
 > "this page is outdated, see hea.koha-community.org")

Not all information on this page is outdated - only the untended data is
outdated. I feel personally responsible for some of the data and can
affirm this data is not outdated.

 > Any objection ?

HEA however doesn't give the same information as the "Koha_Users" pages
give. The users page shows

* the country
* the location
* library type
* library name (often with URL to the OPAC, most interesting to me - but
if it's not there I can search for the OPAC URL in Google using the
library's name)
* and more information

to very SPECIFIC libraries - all of which is missing in HEA since
https://hea.koha-community.org/ gives just numbers numbers numbers but
at least I can't imagine how to wisely interpret or use them in most
cases since I am absolutely sure they are not representative. To me
personally, the only halfway interesting thing about HEA is the page
about the use of the system preferences
https://hea.koha-community.org/systempreferences

Best wishes: Michael