[Koha-devel] Koha users wiki page outdated, use HEA

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Mon Jul 9 12:47:11 CEST 2018

Hi Chris

 >> Quite some of them use letters that I just can't read - like مكتبة كلية
 >>
 >> الزراعة or สำนักพัฒนาโครงสร้างและระบบบริหารงานบุคคล - that's OK with
 >> me, but that said it is still a fact that without a transcription I
 >> just can't read the stuff...
 >>

 > Really? Really? You are going to call someones language stuff and
 > denigrate just because you can't read it?
 >
 > I stopped reading your email at this point.

I'm sorry if this is not the correct word to express what I wanted to
say. I didn't intend to "denigrate" anything (I didn't even know the
word "denigrate" until now...), I just wanted to say that I can't read
or even understand these letters at all.

I wasn't aware the word "stuff" is "denigrating" letters I cannot read,
I was just using it in the neutral sense of "material"... I now
consulted the Merriam-Webster dictionary (
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stuff ) and saw the word has
very different meanings, among them

4 a : literary or artistic production

b : writing, discourse, talk, or ideas of little value : trash

As you know I'm not a native English speaker. You probably recognized
4.b while I meant 4.a. However, I hope I now made clear what I wanted to
say.

Best wishes: Michael