[Koha-devel] Add "cc" and "bcc" fields to message_queue

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon Jun 25 04:14:56 CEST 2018

Hi all,

What do people think about adding "cc" and "bcc" fields to the
message_queue?

We already have NoticeBCC, but in multi-branch environments, it can be good
for BCCs to go to particular branch email addresses rather than 1 global
email address. One use case is for the member_expiry.pl cronjob. It would be
nice for BCCs or CCs to go to the branch where the patron/member is
expiring.

After looking through the code, it doesn't really seem like we have anything
to handle this at the moment. We have some CCs and BCCs peppered around but
all for emails that are sent on the fly. Nothing for queued messages.

Thoughts?

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems