[Koha-devel] Koha, jump

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Fri Dec 27 13:59:37 CET 2019

Hi devs,

I have been spending some hours on a plugin lately. The plan was to
understand a bit the new capabilities that were added recently.
Also I wanted to quickly implement an idea I had few weeks ago.
So far everything is dirty, but I wanted to share it as soon as I had
something that was more or less working.

The plugin is named "koha-plugin-jump" and is available on my gitlab repository.
>From the README:
"""
It started with a simple idea then it got complex, as always. So far
the UI, the design and the code are ugly.
The first idea was to add a simple method to jump from one page to
another, then came the idea to generate data on demand, then data that
matches given conditions, then etc.
What's possible so far:
 * Jump to the following entities: biblio, item, itemtype, libraries,
list (shelves)
 * Create one of those entities, with or without attributes of your choices
Example:
 * jump biblio The art of will display the list of bibliographic
records matching "The art of" in their title, when selected you will
be redirected to the selected record
 * create item will create a new item
 * create 10 item biblionumber=20 will create 10 items attached to the
bibliographic record with the biblionnumber=20
"""

I cannot continue to develop alone this plugin so I would love to get
some help on it, if you think it could be helpful to you as well.

To install it you will have to generate the kpz file (not released
using the gitlab workflow yet):
% git clone https://gitlab.com/joubu/koha-plugin-jump
% cd koha-plugin-jump
% zip -r koha-plugin-jump.kpz Koha
Then install the kpz using the Koha plugin tool page.

Also if you want pretty data to be generated you should use patches
from bug 24310 (do not forget to install libtext-lorem-perl)

If you are lazy to try it, you can have a look at this screencast:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G01pr8IZH2m5W7_bxEibfi3MyzXAZF-5 (I
have no idea why this stuff rendered so dark!)

Enjoy end 2019 ;)

Cheers,
Jonathan

https://gitlab.com/joubu/koha-plugin-jump