[Koha-devel] Koha, jump

Julian Maurice julian.maurice at biblibre.com
Mon Dec 30 13:18:02 CET 2019

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for the screencast, I really had no idea of what you were
talking about before watching it :)

I think it's a great idea. I use something similar [1] to launch
programs and navigate between my open windows and it's really useful.

Quick thoughts:
- Jumping around with only a few keystrokes will surely be useful but
I'm less sure about the creation part (wouldn't it be easier to jump to
the creation page, and then fill the form ?)
- This is something that would benefit from being extendable by other
plugins (add other jump locations, add other actions, ...). It might
prevent the main plugin to become too complex.
- "go" is faster to type than "jump" ;)
- A "set/get" action for sysprefs would be really useful
- It looks like it's designed to act on/jump to DB entries, would it be
easy to add a static list to jump to (like the list of tools, or the
list of administration pages) ?
- fuzzy matching can be convenient if the number of available actions
starts to grow

Be sure I'll try the plugin whenever I find the time ;)

[1] https://github.com/davatorium/rofi

Julian Maurice
BibLibre