[Koha-devel] Doubt in Koha Database Schema

RAGHAV ARORA f20171016 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in
Thu Jun 20 11:05:16 CEST 2019

Thank you sir,

Can you please help me understand these tables?
What is the purpose of the 2 tables 'accountlines' and 'account_offsets'?

account_offsets is a child of accountlines, which allows 1 accountlines row
to have multiple account_offsets, and the 'account_offsets.amount' is the
total amount debited/credited. What exactly is the 'amountlines.amount'?
In my database, there is an accountlines row which has 3 account_offsets
rows linked, 2 of them credit $5, and 1 debits $10, making the
amountoutstanding=0, which is expected. But accountlines.amount stores 10.
Why is that so?

Thanks in advance
Regards
*Raghav Arora*
Sophomore, M.Sc (Hons) Chemistry BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Contact : (+91) 8474975691
Personal Email <raghavarora999 at yahoo.in> | University Email
<f20171016 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in>
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/raghav-arora-9820a648/> |  GitHub
<https://github.com/RAraghavarora/>

*Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani*
Pilani campus,
Rajasthan-333031