[Koha-devel] Explainshell entry for koha package utilities (and thoughts about ubuntu repos)

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Wed Mar 20 00:30:24 CET 2019

Hi Barton

Yes that is the long term plan, the best way to get into ubuntu is to
get into debian, they pull stuff from there.
Which is why we package everything and add to debian whereever we can.

So we get it into debian for example
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?email=chrisc@catalyst.net.nz

So they end up here
https://packages.debian.org/source/stable/libbusiness-edifact-interchange-perl

Which means they end up here
https://packages.ubuntu.com/source/xenial/libbusiness-edifact-interchange-perl

Now, there are a bunch of rules around copyright licenses etc, which I
think we have nearly fixed and a few other things that would stop
koha-common going into debian (and thus ubuntu)
But the plan is to fix them, when we have time of course. We could
maybe make that a push at the hackfest, or kohacon :)

Chris