[Koha-devel] kohastructure.sql : columns with COLLATE

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 19:05:55 CEST 2019

I think it doesn't really make sense. There are cases in which the general
table collation is utf8mb4_unicode_ci and some columns need utf8mb4_binary.
I think those are the only meaningful ones.

El vie., 27 sept. 2019 a las 11:27, Fridolin SOMERS (<
fridolin.somers at biblibre.com>) escribió:

> Hi
>
> I'm working on DB structure compare.
> I note that in installer/data/mysql/kohastructure.sql, a few columns
> define CHARACTER SET and/or COLLATE, with same values as table.
>
> Is this usefull or should we remove it ?
>
> $ grep  'COLLATE' installer/data/mysql/kohastructure.sql  | grep -v
> ENGIN | grep 'utf8mb4_unicode_ci'
>    `category_name` varchar(32) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL
> DEFAULT '',
>    `font` char(10) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT
> NULL DEFAULT 'TR',
>    `text_justify` char(1) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE
> utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT 'L',
>    `auto_renew_error` varchar(32) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT
> NULL, -- automatic renewal error
>    `auto_renew_error` varchar(32) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT
> NULL, -- automatic renewal error
>    `suppliers_report` MEDIUMTEXT COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci, -- reports
> received from suppliers
>        entity varchar(16) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
>        code varchar(64) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
>        lang varchar(25) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL, -- could be
> a foreign key
>        translation MEDIUMTEXT COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci,
>    `branchcode` varchar(10) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE
> utf8mb4_unicode_ci DEFAULT NULL,
>
> --
> Fridolin SOMERS <fridolin.somers at biblibre.com>
> BibLibre, France - software and system maintainer

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (http://theke.io)
✆ +54 9351 3513384
GPG: B2F3C15F