[Koha-devel] Trouble in setting up kohadevbox on Win10 prof

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 3 17:03:08 CET 2020

Greetings,

My virtualbox didn’t play nice with Hyper-V. And various windows features
keep turning it back on, GRRRR!

Hit the Windows Key and type “windows features” Hit the Windows Key + W
combo to bring up the Windows Settings panel of the Start Screen. Click on
Turn Windows features on or off. When the Turn Windows features on or off
dialog appears, look for Hyper-V and deselect it. Click OK. Restart your
computer when prompted.

dism.exe /Online /Disable-Feature:Microsoft-Hyper-V

dism.exe /Online /Disable-Feature:Microsoft-Hyper-V /all
Restart your computer.

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
Restart your computer

After that, had some issues as my virtualbox, git bash, and vagrant were out
of date. So updated those.

Then I was lazy: vagrant up
It bombed, because of linux-headers something.

vagrant ssh
sudo apt install linux-headers<tab and find the right one>
exit
vagrant halt
vagrant up

It then correctly provisioned.

So, while Owen's shared script may be valid, I'm not sure it is necessary to
get too detailed.
Also, Jonathan Druart made a good point about the SYNC_REPO path being your
local windows path, not the one on the VM.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett