[Koha-devel] Bug 18936 - Circulation Rules Ratification

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Tue Feb 4 16:40:55 CET 2020

Bug 18936 is the groundwork for bug 15522 (revamp issuing rules interface).

Everybody should have heard about it as the mailing list contains
several occurrences of this work: ask for help, signoff/QA, as well as
the different call for the proposal, starting 4 years ago.

Bug 18936 does not bring anything to the end-user, but basically you
just need to keep in mind that:
- the issuingrules table does not longer exist (!)
- rules are now in the circulation_rules, which has the following
structure: branchcode, categorycode, itemtype, rule_name, rule_value
(so 1 row per rule)
- you should call Koha::CirculationRules->set_rule (single) or
set_rules (multiple) to define/set circulation rules
- the rebase was painful and I apologized in advance for the issues I
left behind :)
- bug 15522 is on its way, and it would be really useful to get more
testing on it!

Cheers