[Koha-devel] Review on Koha Order Module/plugin API

Ola Andersson ola.andersson at ltu.se
Tue Sep 8 17:05:22 CEST 2020

Hi,

Many thanks for the feedback on our outreach the other day.

We will get back to the list with replies to the different questions raised by everyone in the coming days. I am not responding to each and every one now. As some have mentioned this is a first spec which can be further developed in iterations going forward.

The order flow setup in its early form were initially proposed by one of our larger book vendors and expanded by the group, we intend in the first iterations to stick to it. This means we have something working, supporting our librarians ordering thousands of books from vendors, requesting this feature. I don’t see a collision between the proposed “punch-out” sending data once and the user continuing in the Koha client and a more refined handshake and redirect on succeed setup. We might be able to support both scenarios in the API and depending on vendor capacities and implementation they choose one over the other.

The existing Koha API:s seem too divided/segmented for one vendor to call several API:s for every order. Rather we will have the plugin include the logic to, once order data has reach the plugin, together with the Koha user, using HTML forms, decide on what to do and how to store it (preferably using API:s) into Koha..

I hope this further explains the setup we had in mind. Thanks again for the feedback – keep it coming 👍

/Swedish order module/plugin task group