[Koha-devel] bulkmarcimport.pl ... re-import/update existing records

David Schmidt mail at davidschmidt.at
Thu Apr 22 11:02:29 CEST 2021

Hello koha folks,

###
I hope this is the correct list for this kind of email
###

We are currently exporting about 500k recods from a dabis system into a new koha installation.

the export file (MARCXML) goes through some transformations using catmandu.

I imported the first 25k records using this command:

```
bulkmarcimport.pl -M MARCXML -file tmp/marc_001.xml
```

after inspecting the records some of the catmandu fixes had to be updated and now im trying to update the existing koha records with the new marc_002.xml file.

```
bulkmarcimport.pl -M MARCXML -update -isbn -file tmp/marc_002.xml
```

this gives me alot of these errors:
```
WARNING: Updating record  failed at /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl line 470, <GEN24> line 190.
..Use of uninitialized value $originalid in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl line 470, <GEN24> line 194.
WARNING: Updating record  failed at /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl line 470, <GEN24> line 194.
```

I also tried using -match but I havent figured out how the parameters for -match are supposed to look like
```
bulkmarcimport.pl -m MARCXML -update -match="001" -file tmp/marc_002.xml
```

```
.Use of uninitialized value $recorddata in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl line 603, <GEN24> line 2.
unable to search the database for duplicates : No query entered at /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/bulkmarcimport.pl line 323, <GEN24> line 2.
```

help or pointers are appreciated.

cheers
david