[Koha-devel] My dev list for 22.05

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Fri Dec 17 11:33:45 CET 2021

> 1. misc4dev, I don't really have a boat in the race here.. I don't
> personally use it directly in any way and I'm not close enough to it to
> know what knock on effects it would have to help my workflows.

It's used by koha-testing-docker, so you are using misc4dev daily. For
instance the items/biblios/authorities records you see when using ktd are
coming from this repo.

> 4. I agree with Tomas, I don't think we should be storing whole dumps,
> especially not twice.  I would like to see a diff approach using one of the
> standard libraries out there.. as for what one, that's a harder call.

What if we decide to change the libraries later? We could still have 2 new
(before/after) columns but with the diff only?
before { opac_note => 'a note' }
after { opac_note => 'modified note' }

> 5(1). Patron searches: My recent devs are all moving towards using the
> API's where possible and I try to create re-usable client side components..
> it's not easy with our current workflows.  I'd need to look at your
> proposals in more depth again, but last I looked I felt we were opposed in
> our thoughts here?

There are several things. The first one is making them all the current
system (15812 and 29136). Then making them all use the REST API.
I am sure you don't disagree with that :) What did you have in mind?

> 5(2). Async indexing, yup.. I'm in on this one.. and have been for a
> while.. just need to schedule some time to look at what the current state
> of affairs is.

Oops, there were 2 5's!
It's ready for testing and QA actually, I updated the status accordingly.

> 7. As keen as I am to see something here, whilst things continue to work I
> have other higher priorities.  It's taken so long to get to this stage I've
> forgotten the background reasons for doing it :(

Repo size, from 2.4G (or 4G? I lost track) to ~200M

> 8. I like the idea here.. and agree it would be good to move intranet
> scripts into their own directory too (there's a security bug that started
> this long ago)
> 9. Translation is important and I do try to help where I can.. but as a
> native English speaker and one whose customers are majoritorily also native
> English I struggle to set enough time aside to help on these efforts.
> However.. I really would like to see the AV translations bugs move
> forward.. I find myself blocked on many things because we don't have a
> decent way to translate data that's in the database.
> 10. Add a way to prevent embedding objects that should not be allowed -
> This one is important to me, we need to make sure our API is secure,
> suitable and performant so we can push to using it more.
> 11. I'd love to see Koha's permissions working a little more clearly as a
> first step towards giving us OAuth scopes and a cleaner API
> authentication/authorization process.
> 12. I aim to continue to support the documentation team to help improve
> efficiencies there.

Thanks for your reply!