[Koha-devel] My dev list for 22.05

Renvoize, Martin martin.renvoize at ptfs-europe.com
Fri Dec 17 10:52:45 CET 2021

I'm sorry, I've been struggling to find a moment to reply to this one.

I'm currently working through 'Bundles'. 'Bookings' and a 'Logistics
Plugin' for a new customer and they've taking up a lot of headspace and
time...  I'd love to get the Bundles code into the community this cycle,
and with any luck, I'll have enough of the Bookings piece to submit early
in the new year too.

As for the rest of the cycle,

1. misc4dev, I don't really have a boat in the race here.. I don't
personally use it directly in any way and I'm not close enough to it to
know what knock on effects it would have to help my workflows.
2. Remove item-level_itype, I'm interested to see where this goes and can
help test.
3. Mergeing biblio and biblioitem, I'd love to see this happen.. I always
find the two tables confusing.. I can help test and QA.
4. I agree with Tomas, I don't think we should be storing whole dumps,
especially not twice.  I would like to see a diff approach using one of the
standard libraries out there.. as for what one, that's a harder call.
5(1). Patron searches: My recent devs are all moving towards using the
API's where possible and I try to create re-usable client side components..
it's not easy with our current workflows.  I'd need to look at your
proposals in more depth again, but last I looked I felt we were opposed in
our thoughts here?
5(2). Async indexing, yup.. I'm in on this one.. and have been for a
while.. just need to schedule some time to look at what the current state
of affairs is.
6. Looking forward to seeing the results, but not an area I have any
expertise in.. so will happily defer to others on this one.
7. As keen as I am to see something here, whilst things continue to work I
have other higher priorities.  It's taken so long to get to this stage I've
forgotten the background reasons for doing it :(
8. I like the idea here.. and agree it would be good to move intranet
scripts into their own directory too (there's a security bug that started
this long ago)
9. Translation is important and I do try to help where I can.. but as a
native English speaker and one whose customers are majoritorily also native
English I struggle to set enough time aside to help on these efforts.
However.. I really would like to see the AV translations bugs move
forward.. I find myself blocked on many things because we don't have a
decent way to translate data that's in the database.
10. Add a way to prevent embedding objects that should not be allowed -
This one is important to me, we need to make sure our API is secure,
suitable and performant so we can push to using it more.
11. I'd love to see Koha's permissions working a little more clearly as a
first step towards giving us OAuth scopes and a cleaner API
authentication/authorization process.
12. I aim to continue to support the documentation team to help improve
efficiencies there.

*Martin Renvoize, MPhys (Hons)*

<https://www.ptfs-europe.com>

Head of Development and Community Engagement

*Phone:* +44 (0) 1483 378728

*Mobile:* +44 (0) 7725 985 636

*Email:* martin.renvoize at ptfs-europe.com

www.ptfs-europe.com

*Sign up for our newsletters here <http://eepurl.com/dPjjkn> or by scanning
the QR code*

Registered in the United Kingdom No. 06416372   VAT Reg No. 925 7211 30

The information contained in this email message may be privileged,
confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this email message in
error, please email the sender at info at ptfs-europe.com