[Koha-devel] Elasticsearch changing licences

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon Jan 18 23:41:15 CET 2021

Hi Zeno,

Thanks for sharing that Magento comment. That matches my understanding as well.

However, the Koha Community isn't redistributing ES Object Code. There's nothing stopping Koha implementations from using Elastic Cloud or any other Elasticsearch offering. So what Shay Banon says in https://www.elastic.co/blog/licensing-change appears to be accurate (albeit not very clearly worded at times).

I don't think there's anything for Koha to worry about here.

David Cook
Software Engineer
Prosentient Systems
Suite 7.03