[Koha-devel] German language (de-DE) no more shown after update to Koha 21.05.01

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Mon Jul 12 20:38:12 CEST 2021

Hi

We were on Debian GNU/Linux 9 with Koha 19.11.00, our configured
language was german (de-DE). Today we updated first to Debian GNU/Linux
10, then to Koha 21.05.01. At the end of the update it said:

Upgrade to 21.05.01.003 done [19:19:38]: Koha 21.05.01 release
Error: the selected language is already installed. Try --update if you
want to re-install it.
ERROR: an error was found when updating 'de-DE' translations. Please
manually
run 'koha-translate --update de-DE'. Run man koha-translate for more
options.

Now our language German (de-DE) is gone, instead only English (en) is
there. The Koha system preferences "language" und "OPACLanguages" just
show "English" but these checkboxes are not even checked. German is not
there anymore.

I tried to run "koha-translate" with various options but it didn't help:

# koha-translate --list
de-DE
# koha-translate --update de-DE
Error: the selected language is already installed. Try --update if you
want to re-install it.

# koha-translate --remove de-DE
# koha-translate --list
de-DE

# koha-translate --install de-DE
Error: the selected language is already installed. Try --update if you
want to re-install it.

When trying to use option "--dev" the program tries to access a
non-existing directory called "koha-tmpl".

# koha-translate --list de-DE --dev ndz
ls: cannot access '/usr/share/koha/koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/bootstrap/': No
such file or directory

How can we regain the German language?

Best wishes: Michael