[Koha-devel] Follow-up patches and why not to use them

Joonas Kylmälä joonas.kylmala at helsinki.fi
Fri Jun 18 09:35:39 CEST 2021

Hi Marcel,

On 18/06/2021 09:45, Marcel de Rooy wrote:
> Agree with Julian here. It depends.
> You could squash follow-up patches yourself too before reverting them?
> In some cases patches tell us a nice story, in a lot of cases it might
> be confusing or messy..

I think you might not have seen yet my follow-up email yet to Julian
sent on the 7th of June. Basically squashing or reverting blindly is not
an option when you want to review that the changes make sense on top of
the new code base. Then the "nice story" or "confusing/messy story"
part: as I said in the follow-up email to Julian my wish was to have as
well commits with one logical change in each so then we should have
*always* a nice story to read.

Would love to hear your opinion now with these points clarified.

Joonas