[Koha-devel] Replacement of mailman (mailing lists)

Victor Grousset/tuxayo victor at tuxayo.net
Wed Jun 23 02:49:25 CEST 2021

Hi :)

On 21-06-04 16:03, Jonathan Druart wrote:
> The question is: do we make the work to keep mailman, or do we
> consider it obsolete and we need something more modern?

I think that a forum software would help users ask and answer more
questions. As well as having them indexed by search engines.

"Just" upgrading mailman to v3 and more administrating would be nice for
the reasons you exposed. And v2 still stores the passwords as plaintext.
And as a provocation (or honesty?) it sends them back to oneself every
month ^^
Anyway, that would still be a good outcome.

The final outcome might depend more on who are in a good position to do
one of the paths.
Anyone(s)[1] feeling like being such a position?

Cheers,

--
Victor Grousset/tuxayo

[1] I know it's not valid english :P